Apple Seeds School Garden Workshop
Saturday, April 26, 2014
Learn How to Turn Your School Yard into a School Garden
This free workshop, taught by Apple Seeds staff and leading community experts, is designed for teachers and volunteers who are ready to build and sustain a school garden
Where: Root Elementary School, 119 NE Avenue, Fayetteville, AR 72701
When: April 26 from 9:00am-3:30pm
- Essentials for a Thriving School Garden
- Starting a School Garden: What You Need to Know
- Building a School Garden Bed: Getting Your Hands Dirty
- Turning a School Garden into a Outdoor Classroom
- School Garden Market: Steps to Success
- School Garden Club: Steps to Success
- Seasonality: Planting & Harvesting
- Pest Management & Compost
Each school should send a two-person team—a teacher and a volunteer—who is responsible for building and sustaining a school garden.
Applications are due April 4.